scooter_diaries_0003In this episode I reveal the secret of three minute chocolate cake (don’t forget to add the baking powder!) and a cooling cucumber yogurt summer soup. The recipes:
3 T brown sugar
3 T soy milk (I used regular 2%)
2 T Hershey’s cocoa powder
2 T all-purpose flour
1/8 t vanilla
1/8 t baking powder
1) Melt the butter in a cereal bowl.
2) Add the sugar and vanilla and stir well.
3) Add the milk and stir well.
4) Add the cocoa powder and stir well.
5) Add the flour and baking powder and stir until mixed.
6) Microwave for two minutes with a paper towel over the bowl.
7) Let it cool a bit, top with whatever you like, and indulge.
Chilled Cucumber & Yogurt Soup
4 C. Peeled, seeded & grated cucumber
2 C. Water
2 C .Yogurt (nonfat OK)
1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp. dry dill or 1 Tbsp. fresh
1 Tbsp. honey (optional)
Fresh herbs such as mint or chives.
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and chill for several hours. Serve with fresh herbs.